Friday, December 02, 2011

[Daily Photo] Skeleton Man walking Skeleton Dinosaur

Share this :
We were on Highway I-90 westbound in Murdo, South Dakota on our way to Yellowstone. I was sitting in the back seat of the car with my camera in my hand, ready to take a picture of something interesting on the roadside. And I saw this strange artwork. I didn't know if it was an advertisement or just someone's artwork. We didn't want to park our car on the roadside to take this picture, so I had to shoot inside the car which was moving at 80+ MPH. I'd like to talk about how to take a photo in this situation. The most important parameter is the shutter speed, if it is too slow, there will be motion blur all over the photo. I suggest using a shutter speed faster than 1/1000 sec. There are two ways to achieve this, using a larger aperture or boosting the ISO. Because I wanted to keep everything in focus, I boosted the ISO to 1000 and kept  the aperture of F9.0. By these settings, I had the shutter speed of 1/3200 sec. I also suggest using the lens with vibration reduction (VR) function to prevent blur caused by hand-holding.

Skeleton Man walking Skeleton Dinosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...